Cyril Flerov Teaching Experience:
1999 – 2001 and 2011 – 2016 Adjunct Professor and Visiting Professor, Monterey Institute of International Studies, Monterey, CA. Developed and taught courses in professional simultaneous and consecutive interpretation between Russian and English on a large variety of topics, including science and technology, politics and diplomacy, environment, economics, etc. Member of MIIS GSTILE Russian Professional Examinations Jury.
1995 – 1998: Interpretation Instructor and Student Advisor for St. Petersburg Institute of Foreign Languages, St. Petersburg, Russia.
1990 to Present: Delivered (both in English and Russian) public and private talks and lectures for professional interpreters for:
- International Association of Conference Interpreters, AIIC,
- American Association of Language Specialists, TAALS,
- American Translators Association, ATA,
- Northern California Translators Association, NCTA
- Association of Independent Judicial Interpreters of California, AIJIC,
- California Federation of Interpreters, CFI,
- Monterey Institute of International Studies, MIIS,
- Chicago Area Translators and Interpreters Association, CHICATA,
- National Capital Area Translators Association, NCATA,
- Society of Translators and Interpreters of British Columbia, Canada, STIBC,
- and others,
- as well as educational lectures about interpretation profession for general audiences, e.g. NASA.
- Provided advice and consultations to fellow Russian interpreters.
Seminars for language interpreters are available worldwide. See more information here: